April Community Event: Healthy Kids Day
Summer is the time for kids to get up, get out and grow. But for some kids, exposure to activities that stimulate the body and mind ends with the school year. In fact, research shows that kids are prone to gain weight and fall behind in studies. On April 22, the Y will celebrate Healthy Kids Day®, our national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids. We will have much entertainment, along with healthy living vendors, raffles and more!
- Day/hours: Saturday, April 22, 2016 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Fee: Free
May Community Event: Safety Around Water
Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. The YMCA’s Safety Around Water program can help you make sure they learn essential water safety skills, which can open up a world of possibilities for them to satisfy their curiosity safely.
- Day/hours: May 22-25, 2017
- Fee: $10/child for children ages 3-12
For more information about our community events, contact the front desk: 219 750 1082
The Y is a great place for birthday parties!
The Griffith Family YMCA is available to rent for birthday parties on Saturdays or Sundays during non-business hours.
Standard Party Package (includes but not limited to):
- 2 hours (1 hour in gym; 1 hour in room for cake/presents)
- Game room available for those that are age appropriate.
- $150 members; $200 non-members
Payment Rules: A deposit of $100 is required to hold the date and time of the party. This deposit must be paid at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due at the front desk BEFORE the party begins.
- Groups are allowed to bring food and drinks into the building (excluding alcohol). We have a refrigerators and freezer available for use.
- Inflatable jump houses are allowed in the gym only!
- Parties must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Check out our Facility Rental information for full details