Before & Afterschool Care
The Griffith Family YMCA runs Before and Afterschool Childcare for Griffith Public Schools. Our facilitators lead the children in structured activities each day including gym, art, outdoor play and games and also teach fun nutritional facts. The children’s afternoon also includes “free-time." The YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility will be introduced during their stay.
Griffith Schools Program
Grades K-6th for the following Griffith Schools: Beiriger, Ready and Wadsworth. Our program divides the children into three groups based on their current grade: K-1, 2-3 and 4-6. Before school care opens at 6:00am. Children must be picked up by 6:30pm or incur a fine of $1 per minute after.
- $25 - One-time, non-refundable, up-front registration fee
- $6 - Before School Care Only
- $8 - Afterschool Care Only
- $14 - Both Before & Afterschool Care
- $27 - Care on days with no school ($16 for six hours or less)
- To participate in any of our school care programs, parents must pay for child’s care in advance at the Welcome Center or online*. All payments are due on or before the Friday before the week of attendance. You choose the days that you need your child to attend. If you pay for a day and your child does not come, there will be no credits/refunds.
*To request an online login and password via email, you may email Lori Mulligan. You must already be registered for this program in order to make online payments.
School Break Care
Care available from 6:00am-6:30pm. Children that attend these days will need to bring a sack lunch.